Thursday, March 14, 2013

How do you have a surprise family?

The answer is simple....an unplanned pregnancy!  
 
Seven years ago, I gave birth to a beautiful little girl.  I thought she would most likely be my only child due to the fact that three months into my pregnancy I found out her father was married with a family of his own.  No pity party needed here....I learned my lesson (and how to conduct Internet background checks).  Plus, her paternal grandparents are amazing.

Eight months ago, I met an interesting man who refused to let me be alone.  My mantra for the past few years had been, "It's safer to be alone.  It's easier to be alone."  I was content with friendship, but he wanted more.  I let him into my life slowly at first and faster in the end.  

You see it was interesting.  I had never had anyone in my life to help me before him.  He cooked for my daughter and I and when I got sick in October he took over completely.  This was very new to me.  I have been alone since the beginning of my single parenthood.  So alone, that I can't conceive on having any sort of help even now.  How do I go from being single mother to a parenting duo?  I've become so self reliant that I'm unsure how to be anything else.  It's going to be something new and possibly challenging and I hope to share it with other single moms. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment