Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pumpking EVERYTHING!

*This is a totally random post. ;`)

Today is not the normal day I post but seeing as how November is drawing to a close, I wanted to give thanks to the almighty pumpkin.  Without the pumpkin, I would not have the following short list of things:
Pumpkin lattes
Pumpkin spice candles
Pumpkin car scent
Pumpkin body butter 
ANNNNND....
Pumpkin bread!

My friends and family wait all year for the bread of the pumpkin.  You'd think they'd just ask for the recipe, but as with all baked goods, it tastes better when it doesn't come from their kitchen.  
Sadly, the cookbook is older than me so I will share the recipe with all 12 of you before it disintegrates before my very eyes.

Pumpkin Bread (and all it's fat filled goodness)
15 or 16 oz. can of pumpkin (2 cups)
3 cups of sugar
1 cup of oil
2/3 cup of water
4 eggs

3 1/2 cups of All Purpose flour
2 teaspoons of soda
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 teaspoon of ginger

Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Grease and flour loaf pans (9x5 or 8x4)
In large bowl blend first 5 ingredients one minute at medium speed.
Add remaining ingredients.  Blend at low speed until moistened, then beat one minute at medium speed.
Pour batter into prepared pans.  Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 60 - 75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  
Cool 5 minutes, remove from pans.  Cool completely before eating.
Recipe makes two loaves.

There it is.  The recipe that will keep me baking for the next 48 hours.  But it is so worth it.  Plus, your house smells like pumpkin spice for days.  BONUS!

Follow me on Twitter! @JackieMichele

No comments:

Post a Comment