Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Telling It Like It Is Tuesday: Body Wars

**I posted this a while back (two years back) but find it just as meaningful as I did then!  So in honor of #TellingItLikeItIs Tuesday, here I go. :)

Today, some seemingly harmless memes were shared/liked and showed up in my Facebook feed.  As I shook my head in shock or despair, I wondered what would happen if I looked for more.  Well...here's what I found.




When did the body wars start?  Why was I not notified to take up arms and defend my extra rolls and curves?  Oh right...because I would then be ridiculous.  Kinda like the people who are trying to make themselves feel better by putting others down.  Well, I have one thing to say to the creators of these memes, "You are never going to feel better about yourself while you continue to put others down."

Beautiful women come in all shapes, sizes, and flavors.  You can have dark chocolate, peach, or cinnamon.   There is literally a smorgasbord of women to choose from.  While we only see one type portrayed in the media and would love for that to change, those of us living in reality know the truth.

Women can be skinny.
Women can be tall.
Women can be curvy.
Women can be short.
Women can be fluffy.

The list goes on.

What people fail to mention is that there is no one right way for women to be.  So whether you are an amazon like me (with a lot of extra fluff) or a midge like one of my besties who is seriously lacking in the fluff area (but is magically top heavy...go figure), I simply hope that you are healthy and love being in your skin.  There is no better body type.  There is only a great personality. 


(The best one I found.)

Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment