Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Telling it like it is: Who said I can't wear that?

Who gave the media/other people so much power?  Was it you?  Could it have been me?  How do you or I get it back?

Tonight, I was trying on my new pink lipstick.  SO CUTE!  When I got it, I bought a liner and gloss that compliments it.  It wasn't until I got home that I realized that I would never have purchased this shade in my teens or even my early 20s.  I was convinced that it wouldn't look good on my because my skin tone was wrong.  It just didn't go.

Who told me that?  Why did I think that?  Was it the media, or was it my own crazy insecurities?

Maybe this goes hand in hand with my confidence but I look damn good in my new pink lippie!  I don't know why I thought I wouldn't.  Maybe it was because I was paying more attention to what others thought, or maybe I was so brainwashed I didn't know it.  However, it doesn't matter.

If you think you look good.  You look good.  End of story.  Who cares if you are wearing stripes and polka dots?!   Rock that craziness.*  Let your beauty shine through and compliment what you do.  Only when you stand up and say, "I look good!" will we be able to take back the power we have unwittingly given to someone else.

So, tomorrow, I'm going to rock out with my pink lip pout and flip my hair like I don't care.  So go out there and rock it!*  Buy that new outfit, get that knew haircut, or enjoy a day makeup free.  Be the beautiful you, you were meant to be.  (Unless your shorts are so short I can see your vulva or your bottom biscuits.  If that's the case, go change.)

J/K! Rock those hot pants, Gorgeous!
*Unless you are crazy like Donald Trump.
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment